1) Why did you start blogging?
I set up my first HelsBels website when I was 13 and it became a blog in the year 2007. I kept abandoning it because I never knew what to write about, but finally in the summer of 2010, I decided to write about fitness and my journey towards completing a marathon.
2) How do you read other blogs? e.g. online, RSS reader?
I usually visit blogs directly, rather than use a reader. I sometimes browse Bloglovin’ though.
3) What is your favourite website?
Eek. This one is tough. I don’t know. My favourite blog is Jog Blog though.
4) If you could do any sport what would it be?
I run already and tenpin bowling is my main sport. I love it and would hit the lanes every day if I could. If I had to choose another sport and could be magically good at it over night, it would be diving off the 10m board. It’s just amazing. I wish I could do that!
5) What is your most used item of technology?
My mobile phone. It’s probably not a good thing that I can access emails, Twitter, Facebook, etc through it. It means I never switch off.
6) How do you manage to juggle day to day life and blogging?
My days change every day, I don’t have a set timetable of work 9-5, picking up Rose from care, etc. Some days I’m insanely busy and others are quiet. I just slot blogging into the quiet slots. But I’m lucky in that I don’t have a “proper” 9-5 job. I freelance, so it’s quite easy to fit blogging in.
7) What is your day job?
I was coaching public speaking and debating and running workshops in schools. I’ve stepped back from that a bit now, although I still take sporadic workshop bookings if I’m approached. At the moment, I spend a lot of time working on UK Fitness Bloggers and that in turn has led to me taking on the blogging and social media management of a couple of other businesses, which I’m able to do from home. So it all works with blogging really well!
8) Is it what you set out to do when you left school?
Perhaps not, although I once wanted to be a journalist. Maybe blogging is my way of fulfilling that dream? Sort of. Don’t ask what I’ll be doing in 5 years as I just don’t know.
9) What is one thing you have achieved that you didn’t think you could?
I went to the Tenpin Bowling World Cup in 2007 in St Petersberg, Russia.
10) Carbs, good or bad?
Good! I love carbs. Pasta, jacket potatos, fresh bread, yum! Although I am trying to cut back now as my diet was far too carb heavy, they are part of a healthy diet and DELICIOUS.
11) What do you want to achieve this week?
A good night’s sleep!
And here are your questions:
- What do you enjoy about blogging?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What achievement are you most proud of?
- What’s the best blog post you’ve ever written?
- How would you advise people to start blogging?
- What would you say to your 15 year old self?
- What was your best race experience?
- Where is the best place to get running kit from?
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What sport would you like to try?
- What’s your best piece of race bling?