I was recently sent some Raw Cacao Whey Protein from Motion Nutrition who specialise in organic whey protein.
While I don’t believe in protein powders for meal replacement purposes, I do sometimes add them to smoothies and recipes when I’m marathon training for an extra protein boost. I was asked if I’d like to come up with a breakfast recipe using the protein powder and I ended up using it in my tried and tested banana protein pancakes (video here). This powder worked beautifully as one of my favourite combinations is chocolate and banana, and this powder has a beautiful chocolate-y aroma! I especially enjoy these pancakes after a pre-breakfast run.
Easy Protein Pancakes
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 x bananas
- 2 x eggs
- 2 x scoops protein powder
- Cut bananas into slices and mash in a bowl.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add the protein powder and mix the batter until smooth. You may find it easier to use a blender.
- Pour batter into a hot frying pan. Don’t forget to use coconut oil or butter to prevent sticking. Pancakes take a couple of minutes either side to cook and are ready when they’re firm.
- Stack your pancakes and serve with your favourite toppings. I love blueberries and a hint of Nutella!
These pancakes are also delicious with raspberries. Let me know if you decide to try them and your preferred toppings!