Have you heard of eGloves? I think they are marvellous – click here to read why. Simply put, they are touch screen gloves which means you don’t have to take them off to use your smart phone. Brilliant, eh? They’re also really warm and comfortable.
Anyway, if you’ve been taking part in Janathon, you will also be aware of a little challenge known as the “Pyjama Plank”. Here is a picture of our fearless leader demonstrating:
So where do eGloves come into the equation? Well, being the lovely company that they are, they agreed to donate a pair of gloves worth up to the value of £30 as a competition prize. Not bad, eh? Hopefully it’s an incentive to get you all planking again. And all joking aside, it’s widely believed in the fitness world that planking is a brilliant way to build up core strength, so we’re getting you fit as well. And it counts as Janathon exercise.
We haven’t forgotten about you people planking in onesies either. We’ve got a copy of Born to Run by Christopher McDougall for the best onesie plank, as decided by public vote. This is a great read about barefoot running (it’s more entertaining than it sounds) and means that in February you can read about exercise instead of doing it.
A competition isn’t a competition without a few ground rules and this one is no exception. Jog Blog and I have decided that the fairest way to choose a winner is to create a gallery (not for laughing purposes, you understand) and throw it open to the public vote. Now for the boring bit…
- All planks must be carried out in pyjamas/onesies/dressing gowns/in the buff. Running kit doesn’t count. We refuse to believe you sleep in that. Please note that onesie planks go into the onesie category for the Born to Run book.
- Planks must be tweeted (please use the janathon hashtag) or shared on the Facebook group.
- Feel free to share as many plank photos as you like, however please let us know which one you would like to enter for voting purposes. Only one photo per entrant can make it into the gallery.
- You must be registered for Janathon.
- Closing date for photo submissions is midnight, January 31st 2014.
- Public vote will commence during the first week of February. The photo with the most votes will win the gloves.